Shanghai Jewish Sites & Duolun Culture Road Private Half Day Tour
Approx. 4 hours
Pick-up point & time:
Your hotel around 8:30am
Finishing point & time:
Your hotel around 12:30am
Private tour with private vehicle, personal tour guide, lunch, entrance tickets
At the beginning of World War II, about 30,000 Jewish refugees fled from Europe to Shanghai. Calling themselves "Shanghailanders", most settled in the Hongkou District where the local residents kindly offered food and medicine for these displaced people.
The Jewish community thrived in the Hongkou. Bakeries, stores, cafes, synagogues, schools, clinics, cemeteries, and even a Jewish newspaper all flourished there.
Built in 1927, the Ohel Moishe Synagogue served as the spiritual heart of Shanghai's Jewish community and currently houses the Museum for Jewish Refugees. It has been reconstructed to its original appearance and features a photo exhibition from the period. On this tour you will also visit Huoshan Park, a peaceful retreat where the Monument in Memory of Jewish Refugees now stands.
Duolun Road is also a must-see stop because of the history, culture and humanity of 1920s-30s Shanghai. You will wander among the museums, antique and curio houses, calligraphers and painters studios, bookshops and literary clubs, teahouses and wine bars.
7 persons or above
Exchange Rate: Now the exchange rate in our website is: US$1.00=RMB6.8
Special Features: 1. Travelers will receive more personal care and in-depth explain.
2. Personal English-speaking guide.
3. Exclusive tour guide and driver
The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
Service package includes: 1. Entrance tickets
2. Round trip transfer to your hotel
3. English-Speaking tour guide
4. Deluxe private car or van
--- 1-2 traveling Party: we offer cars
--- 3-8 traveling Party: we offer vans
--- 8-10 travelling Party; we offer coach
Service package excludes: 1. Tips to the guide and driver.
Reservation & Payments: 1. Just fill out the online reservation form, or send your travel request to firstname.lastname@example.org, then our tour advisors will contact you with your detail tour information. 2. This tour must be booked at least 2 day in advance prior to the tour date. 3. The tour need the pre-payment, deposit require or credit card secure, if you provide credit card to secure it, the payment charge can be settled directly to the local tour guide in cash when you arrive. Both RMB and hard currency are acceptable.
4. If you choose the pre-payment or deposit, we will send you the payment required through by Paypal.com, the rest of the payment charge can be settled directly to the local tour guide in cash when you arrive. Both RMB and hard currency are acceptable. 5. This tour must be booked at least 2 day in advance prior to the tour date. 6. For the tour date changes and cancellation 2 days in advance prior to the tour date, 30% lost fee will be charged. Please contact us to ask for the refund.